home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

October 8, 2012

Gossip Bench Make Over

I've wanted a gossip bench/telephone bench for awhile now. I can never find one that is a reasonable price...they must be popular or something (like church pews)! I finally stumbled upon one at The Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It was my first time at the ReStore since it recently opened and I was so excited by my find. The bonus was it was only $9.99! Score!



This bench was in need of some love. Two of the spindles had come apart from the base so I started by wood gluing them back together. Then I sanded it down and gave it 3 coats of Rustoleum Ivory Silk. It's a lovely creamy color and it just adds the right touch to this little gem. After the paint was dry, I distressed it a bit to give it the dimension I wanted and followed that up with 2 coats of poly-acrylic.





I love how it turned out. It fits perfectly in my entry way and works as a place for me to set my keys, sunglasses, and purse as well as a place for the kids to sit and put on their shoes.

What do you think?

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment