home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 29, 2012

Little Black Desk

I know I've been on a serious desk kick lately! I just really love redoing them and they are easy to find for great prices on Craigslist. There are so many endless possibilities with desks and I love pushing limits with them. This time, however, I strayed from my usual color formula and went with black. I originally wanted to redo this desk in an antique white color but after applying three layers of primer and having a couple of stains still seeping through, I knew I needed to change direction.

This particular desk was a steal at $30 but it definitely needed a lot of love! But I feel in love with the curved drawer fronts and scrolly detail along the top edge. (I'm kicking myself for not getting a before picture this time!) After painting it all black, I knew I needed something to bring in my style. It was just too plain. I decided to paint the hardware a metallic silver and add a white box to the top of the desk for interest.






I love how it turned out even though it's black. I am keeping this piece because it has great storage potential and it fits in nicely with my gallery wall and gray tufted chair. So what do you think?

Have a great weekend,
Shara Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely in that spot. It compliments your photo wall and the chair perfectly. Great work as always!!

    ReplyDelete