home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

August 28, 2012

A Sweet Sign

I've been neglecting my craftiness lately with summer craziness but today I had a huge itch to make a little something. I've been working on three furniture pieces simultaneously but I wanted to take a break and do a quick project.

Here's what you'll need to make this sign:

-any size frame you wish (mine is 16x20)
-medium grit sand paper
-spray paint (I used warm yellow by Rustoleum)
-fabric of your choice
-vinyl letters (I cut mine out with my Silhouette)

Start by taking the glass out of your frame. I started out with this frame that I had sitting around in my garage:



Give the frame a once over with medium grit sand paper. Give the frame 2 or 3 light coats of paint. While the paint is drying cut out your letters and adhere them to the glass. Cut your fabric to fit the size of the frame. When the frame is dry put everything together. This is an easy project than any beginner can do.

Here's the finished sign:


I needed a little more yellow in my living room so this is perfect. What do you think?

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment