home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 14, 2011

Dresser Redo

Another dresser you say...why yes? What can I say...between dressers and chairs, I might just have a problem. I really couldn't pass this deal up. I had watched this dresser on Craigslist for several weeks. Originally priced at $95. I saw it drop to $75, then $50, then $40. I offered the guy $20 and he accepted it. Oh, my was that a great deal. This dresser is in amazing shape. The drawers are spotlessly clean on the inside. The original wooden wheels were all intact and work well. The patina on the handles is amazing. This could possibly be the steal of the century.


The worst part was the top. It had several water rings and the finish was worn quite a bit. I sanded the whole thing down to even up any rough spots. I then used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Graphite for the body of the dresser and Provence for the drawer fronts.  I distressed it ever so slightly and left the original patina of the handles intact.



I love this dresser. It looks great in my kitchen and will be so useful for storing seasonal kitchen gadgets that just get in the way in my very small kitchen.

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment