home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 13, 2011

Mirror Turned Chalkboard

I found this french provincial mirror at Goodwill. It was pretty well worn and the gold paint was all scratched up. The mirror itself was also in bad shape with a lot of discoloration around the edges. I knew I could turn it into something fun so for $17 (which was 50% off), I brought it home.


Since the mirror was in such bad shape and I already had another french provincial mirror, I decided to turn this one into a chalkboard. I knew I would use it in the family room to keep track of important reminders and also a place that the kids could color on as well.

I originally painted the frame a dark gray and after I painted the mirror with chalkboard paint, I decided there wasn't enough of a contrast between the two so I repainted it in a deep red.


I love how it turned out. The red makes it pop against the wall. This was a quick and easy project that anyone can do. Miss M enjoyed breaking it in for me!

Hope you are having a crafty week.

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment