home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 12, 2012

From Drab to Fab: A Table's New Life

This solid wood pedestal dining table came from my friend Heather. It is a well built piece but it definitely had seen better days. The top was in need of some serious sanding. I sanded it down to remove the scratches and flaky varnish. I decided to use Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint to paint the base of the table. I originally thought Louis Blue but changed to Paris Gray instead.


After applying 2 coats, slightly distressing it,  and sealing it with wax, I painted the top of the table with chalkboard paint. It transforms a boring table into a fabulous homework, art, game table. The size is perfect for a small space and I'm still trying to decide if I'll keep it or not. I love how it turned out. There are so many possibilities with this table.




So, what do you think?

Have a crafty week,

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment