home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

March 13, 2012

An Unused Drawer Front

Back in August I refinished a dresser that was missing an entire drawer (see post here). Instead of rebuilding the drawer, I turned it into a shelf for baskets. But that left behind this beautiful drawer front that I've been hanging onto since.

I knew I would eventually use it for something so in the garage it sat. Since selling my hutch (for a $300 profit I might add) and finding a mid century gem of a hutch to replace it, I decided it was time to start revamping my gallery wall that goes up the stairs. I wanted to incorporate a little more rustic wood and change it up a bit. I'm all about change in these parts!

I used the drawer front and removed the knobs. Using my silhouette, I cut out some white vinyl birds and added them to the drawer front. I love the simplicity of this piece. I can't wait to show you the new and improved gallery wall when I'm all the way done. I think you're going to love it.




What do yo think?

Happy Crafting,
Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment