home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 2, 2011

Something Red

I don't know about you but I love bold colors. I always blame my Mom for having stark white walls when we were growing up (it was pretty much the only thing that went with the shag orange carpet so I can't really blame her). I've always been into bold color choices in clothing and in paint. I like my walls to really pop and color makes me happy.

I've been toying with the idea of a new chandelier in our eat-in kitchen. There's nothing wrong with what currently is in there but it's just boring and run of the mill.

Here it is:

I've also been eyeing all the fun chandelier colors on Pinterst that are floating around. I knew I could create something fun to liven up the room.  I found a brass chandelier on Craigslist and bought some Apple Red Gloss spray paint by Rustoleum and then proceeded to do my thing.

Here's the chandelier before:


And here it is after:



It is so fun! I'm loving the funky elegance it adds above the kitchen table.  It was an easy transformation but it makes a huge difference! I'm working on finishing up the rest of the eat-in nook and I'll share the whole transformation when I'm done.

Happy Friday,
Shara
Pin It

1 comment: