home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

September 29, 2011

My Buffet: Reinvented

Since getting my yellow hutch, my buffet has been displaced. I couldn't part with it because I love it so I had to reinvent it to fit in my house. I had originally refinished it months ago in a creamy white.


I wanted to change things up again. I used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Provence and repainted it and then added some distressing to the edges.


 Do you remember that free bench that I got and made that cute sign out of?


 I reused the seat portion of the bench and added casters to make a shelf for all the media components (and yes, we have a lot since my husband is a video game junkie!) I love the raw rustic look of the wood shelf under the lovely blue buffet.

I flanked the TV with two lamps that I got on clearance and hung my sign above it. I'm proud to say that I think our living room is now complete minus painting our two story high walls.

Oh, and my husband was out of town for a hunting trip and while he was gone, I painted the walls a lovely gray color. So much better than the peachy beige I did several years ago. I love how this room is now an expression of me and our family. I will be posting an entire room tour soon.

Hope you are having a crafty week,

Shara

Pin It

1 comment: