home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

August 11, 2011

From That to This

It's been a busy week around here so not much time for crafting. While we camping last week, we stopped at a junkers paradise called "Ugly Ed's." This place was packed from floor to ceiling with all kinds of stuff just waiting to be reused or transformed into something great. I came across a cheese dome which I've been wanting for awhile. It was only $4.99 so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I've been wanting to make a pedestal cloche to use for seasonal decorations. I've had this wooden candlestick since January that I found at Goodwill for $0.99 and have been hanging onto it for just this occasion.

Here's the before:

And the after:



I used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Cream. It's a lovely buttery cream color. I distressed the edges a bit to add some character. I used wood glue to glue the candlestick the the base of the cheese dome.

I love how it turned out. It will be fun changing out the inner decor to suite my mood and the season.

Have a great and crafty weekend.

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment