Sorry for the delay in postings. It's been a busy 2 weeks and the craftiness has taken a back burner.
Last weekend, I finally organized the laundry room. I don't think I had done that in at least 2 years. There was stuff that hadn't been touched in awhile and the shelves were a cluttered mess. After organizing everything and purging a ton of stuff, I realized that the little white cabinet that I was using to store laundry/cleaning supplies, although functional, was completely boring.
I scoured Craigslist for something that would work. I have a stackable washer/dryer combo so there isn't much room...31 inches to be exact.I found an old dresser for $20. It was pretty beat up and the inside had a ton of spiderwebs in it. Totally gross and creepy. I vacuumed that sucker for like 2 hours just to make sure I got it all. The dresser was a creamy fake wood laminate finish with a date stamp of September 16, 1963. I thought that was cool. The laminate was going to be a little difficult but I found a new primer that works well on all surfaces (BIN 1-2-3 Primer).
Here's a couple of before pictures (sorry the quality is bad):
I primed it and painted it a light aqua. I spray painted the old rusty brass pulls a granite gray. I wasn't loving the plainness of it so I decided to add some stripes for a little wow factor.
I love, love, love how it turned out. It gives the laundry room a boost of color that it so desperately needed. Maybe now doing laundry will be more enjoyable...maybe!