home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

May 23, 2011

The Start of the Staircase Gallery Wall

I'm in love with monograms these days. I knew I wanted to make a large monogram piece for the staircase wall so I've been on the hunt for a frame that would work. I found the perfect one in the As-Is section at Ikea. It came without glass which was perfect and the best part was it was only $5. This frame is huge so that was a great bargain!

I used some cute red fabric that I'm also going to use to reupholster a couple of side chairs. I bought the big letter K at Michael's with my 40% off coupon making it just over $1.50 and I painted it a light aqua. Using gray ribbon, I secured the letter to the frame with my staple gun. It turned out way cuter than I expected and I love it. My next step is to finish the gallery wall.





Oh, and don't mind the dingy white walls. I'm hoping to get them painted soon but with 20 foot ceilings, I've been putting it off!

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment