home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

August 26, 2013

Bathroom Shelf Make Over

The 1/2 bath downstairs has been screaming for a make over for awhile now. When we bought the house, it had been painted this hideous spring green that I immediately changed. I picked out a dark mocha color but never really loved it but I didn't want to re do it either. So for 5 years, it sat.

Here is the before:


Totally dark and cave like. So I repainted it in Behr's Celtic Gray (it's a bluish-greenish gray). Once that was done, I knew I needed to redo the shelf above the toilet. The cherry wood color never matched anyway. I wanted it to be fresh and bright.


The shelf is originally from Pottery Barn and love the lines. I primed it and painted it with Benjamin Moore White Dove which is the same color that we painted all of our trim. I then slightly distressed it. It looks perfect in the space now and I can't wait to finish up the rest of the make over so I can show you the final reveal.




Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment