home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

April 5, 2013

Getting Back Into It

Blogging has been one of my outlets for several years now. I always tried hard to keep up with posting new and fun content but after awhile, I just needed to step back and take a break. I put a lot of projects on the back burner these past few months and I have just been in a funk for a bit. I was having some health issues and lack of focus and I was just in an all around bad mood most of the time. But things are changing...I'm feeling so much better and so much more focused and ready to have some fun again! So, come and join me in this adventure. I'm sure you'll have fun and hopefully get some inspiration!

I am ready to reignite my creative juices and start working on all the projects I have piled up in my garage and craft room and Pinterest inspiration boards! My first project that I want to share with you is a sweet little table that I redid for a friend. She wanted to turn her 80's looking oak table into something with a WOW factor for her new kitchen. She wanted me to gray wash it so the beauty of the grain would show through. This technique really gives a fun and modern update.


Gray washing is a great beginner project. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite. I took some of the paint and mixed it with water giving it a really runny texture. I then brushed it on and wiped away the drips. I never really measured how much paint to water ratio I used so each layer was slightly different adding to the character of the table.


I love how it turned out! I can't wait to see it in it's new home. I hope Rebekah loves it as much as I do!





Have you ever gray washed or white washed something? It is really easy and turns out great. You should try it sometime. Stay tuned for more fun projects...

Shara


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment