home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

July 5, 2012

Dresser Make Over

It's nice when friends start offering things to me for free. I've been lucky the past few weeks with a few friends giving me pieces to revamp. I got this little white dresser from my friend Melissa. It needed a face lift but it was solid and I knew I could make it shine again. Of course I forgot to take a before picture but the entire dresser was painted white.


As I was sanding this piece down to prepare it for painting, I noticed that it had several lovely layers of paint on it. I feel in love with the look of the chipped worn paint on the drawers so I decided to distress them but not repaint them. The body of the dresser had several stains so it needed some new paint so I gave it one coat of light aqua paint. This added depth as some of the previous white showed through. I repainted the knobs gray and added numbers to the drawers.





I was originally going to sell this piece but decided I had the perfect place for it in my master bath.  Our bathroom has this ledge between the soaker tub and the vanity. It becomes the dumping ground for all of our bathroom stuff since storage is limited. This little dresser fits perfectly in the corner and gives us much needed storage.

The ledge before (after I cleared off all the junk...well, put it on the counter):



It has a beachy quality that I love and I hope to transform our entire master bath into a beachy retreat someday. This project cost me absolutely nothing! The dresser was free and I used left over paint from another project. Now that is my kind of project!

Hope you enjoyed the fourth!

Have a crafty week,

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment