home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

June 12, 2012

Kitchen Table Bench

I have been looking for a farmhouse/rustic style bench for my kitchen table for what seems like forever. I've never found one in my price range or I'm too slow responding to an add and it's already gone. I finally came across one on CL for a great price. I knew I could turn it into the perfect spot for the kids to sit and eat or do crafts.

It was painted an golden yellow with black square trim. Totally not my style! Here's the before:


I sanded the bench a bit than primed it with BIN 123 primer. I spray painted it with Rustoleum Heirloom White. I then used some sample paint I had in a gray color on the recessed trim. I finished it off with a cute saying. I thought it was appropriate for my kiddos!




I love the look. It will be a great place for the kids to sit and eat.  I'm totally in love with my ecclectic kitchen table now. It finally feels finished and exactly what I had invisioned! What do you think?

Have a great week,
Shara Pin It

1 comment: