home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

February 27, 2012

My Sweet New Coffee Table

I found this cute little coffee table on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. It has a mid-century vibe that I love and it's round...perfect for a house full of small kids! The original table was solid wood but somewhere along the line someone had painted the legs and edges a forest green. The paint job was horrendous and the really needed to be sanded off and started again.


I had originally planned on restaining the top of the table a dark walnut color because the orangey wood vibe was not working with what I envisioned. But my plans took a different direction after I primed and painted the bottom "Vintage Teal" by Valspar. The bottom was just too dark to go with the dark wood so I decided to using my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White for the top. I then added a stenciled shape to help tie the two colors together and distressed it ever so slightly.




I adore this table. It is the perfect size in my living room and the colors are fun and bold.

Have a crafty week,
Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment