home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

August 16, 2011

From Drab to Fab Part 1

Anyone else addicted to Pinterest like I am? I have an obsession with looking at the home decor and DIY categories! I've been seeing all kinds of fun ways to add color to a room and my favorite one has been painting the door.

Our front door is a beautiful red on the outside but the inside was boring white. While I love white on doors in general, I thought a fun new look for the front door would add a pop to that corner of the room.

Here's the before:


Here's the after:


The black gives it so much drama. I think I need one more coat but she's looking pretty good! The next part will be coming up later this week (hopefully).

So far so good. I think it will hide stains and smudgie baby finger prints so much better. Time will tell though. Oh, and don't mind all the paint swatches...I'm trying to decide on a color for the living room.

Shara

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment