home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

August 26, 2011

Craft Cabinet Makeover

I found this little cabinet at Goodwill a couple weeks back. It was really dinged up and dilapidated. It's definitely a piece from the 50's or 60's made with plywood and a faux wood veneer. The veneer was chipped in several places and the handles were rusty bronze. This little sucker is also heavy. I am still intrigued by what it's purpose was with all the little cubbies inside but I knew it would be a perfect place to store my Silhouette Vinyl. The vinyl is always coming unrolled in the dresser that I now keep it in which cause it to block the drawer when trying to open it.



I love how it turned out. I wish I hadn't lost the before picture on my phone so you could really see how far it has come. I used my Silhouette to cut out the word "create" in vinyl to help draw your eye off of the uneven surface. Even with using putty and a lot of sanding, there are still a lot of uneven places. The turquoise and green are the colors of my loft aka craft room/office so this piece will fit right in. The rolls of vinyl fit perfectly in the little cubbies.

Have a crafty weekend,
Shara

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment