home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

April 28, 2011

No-Sew Pillow

For all you non-sewers out there, I thought I'd share a quick tutorial on how to make your own pillows using dinner napkins. It's quick and easy. I started this project with two yellow striped napkins that I found at Goodwill for $0.49 for both...score!



After washing and ironing the napkins, I used a no-sew heat-n-bond tape and ironed it around the edges as per package directions. I then iron 3 1/2 of the sides together, leaving just enough of an opening to add the stuffing. Then I stuffed the pillow and ironed the remaining section closed.

I did have to buy a bag of poly-fil for $2.99 but this project still ended up costing me under $4. Can't beat that! I love the new pillow. I think it looks great on my new chair and it adds just a pop of color.





So even if you can't sew a stitch, you can still make your own pillow. Now, I'm on a mission to find other cute napkins to turn into pillows.

Hope you are having a crafty week,
Shara Pin It

3 comments: