home about me gift ideas make overs and DIY tutorials contact

April 4, 2012

A Couple of Recent Craigslist Finds

I love sharing fun Craigslist finds with you. I peruse the site at least once a day looking for fun pieces to add to my collection. Here are a couple of my favorites from the past month.

A few weeks back I found this darling mid-century cabinet/hutch that had been redone in a creamy yellow color. I knew it would be perfect in my kitchen to house my cookbooks and finally display my vintage Pyrex collection. What do you think? I love it that there is plenty of storage in it but it doesn't take up too much space since my kitchen is on the small side. It also goes great with the gray wall color and my plate display.




Last week, I was lucky to stumble upon this armoire. It was already painted with the cute paper lining the doors but it was in need of some sprucing up. A big pet peeve of mine with Craigslist adds is when people use the term shabby chic the wrong way. Shabby chic does not equal stained and scratched which was the case of this armoire. But I took it home anyway and gave it a quick coat of paint and repainted the knobs pink (they were pale blue). It is now in Miss M's pink room and houses all her dress up clothes and accessories. The armoire is solid and built in the 50's. It's going to last her long after the dress up clothes faze has ended. It will be perfect for storing clothes or even a TV as she gets older. It's just a charming piece that I know we will enjoy for years to come.




Have you found anything fun lately? I'm so excited for spring to finally be here and garage sales to start. Then I'm sure I will have tons of treasures to share with you.

Shara Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment